- He weighs 19.2 lbs! That's awesome.... like, really, really awesome.
- He still has PLE (protein-losing enteropathy). His albumin levels are still low. Higher than the last test - but lower than normal.
- Instead of doing his annual vaccines (minus the rabies), we did a blood test to see what his antibodies are for those vaccines.
- Since he's now considered an 'anti-immune dog' (meaning he has issues with his immune system attacking himself), all of our vets agreed we should check to see if he even needed vaccines. Vaccines activate the immune system - so if we don't have to activate it, we reduce the risk of him getting sick. And good news - no need to vaccinate! All his vaccine titers were within normal range for a vaccinated dog.
- Overall, he's in a good place right now. His diabetes is still wonky (will it ever get regulated, sheesh?), but his overall health is listed as 'good'. Yay! We have no further plans for vet visits unless 1) he gets sick again (quick, knock on wood) or 2) we continue having trouble regulating his diabetes.
|it's been a rough few months for Buzz|