Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Family

I have a really sad story to share...

My boss is a psychiatrist and works a lot with clinical research dealing with drug abuse. When the patients come for treatment for a study, they usually stay anywhere from a week to a few weeks. One of my boss's patients has 2 dogs that are his family. Anyways, he recently found out that someone broke into his house and murdered his dogs (he has since left the study to mourn their loss).

When I heard this, I was devastated. There has actually been a lot of crime in my neighborhood the past few weeks and this story really just hit home for me (you'd think Lexington, KY would be safe - but you'd be wrong!). I don't know what I would do without Buzz and Bella. I can't even imagine what this person is going through. Who knows why someone broke in - they could've been looking for drugs or it could've been a random break in. I doubt he'll ever get closure as to why this happened.

All I know is that tonight I am going to go home and give Buzz & Bella huge hugs and be thankful that they are safe and healthy. You should do the same.

5 comments:

  1. OMD, that's so sad!
    We hope he's feeling better, it's so hard to loss a friend,

    Rudy's Raiser

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's sad that I found your blog at such a sad post... I hope the person whose dogs were killed is going to be ok.

    It's frightening to think that something might happen and we can lose someone dear to us. I agree with you, we should cherish our time with them more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a terrible story... Poor guy.

    Elyse and Riley

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry for this post - but it just really made me want to hug my dogs! No matter how stressful their medical conditions are, they are my world. I promise I won't put any more sad stories on here! :)

    ReplyDelete

Share your paw love!